Townsquare Media Abilene Reveals Some of Our Favorite Phone Apps
Yesterday was National Hot Dog Day and my co-workers got to talking about where you could get cheap hot dogs in celebration. Frank Pain from our sister station Rock 108 mentioned a couple of places then whipped out his phone to show us his ’7-Eleven‘ app he has downloaded that included a coupon for a free hot dog. I busted out laughing at the fact that he had this convenience store app on his phone. I think he uses it for Slurpee’s too. That led to us discussing our favorite/craziest app we have downloaded.
After the meeting I had to find out what other people had on their phones. I was quite surprised by some and downloaded a couple that I didn’t know about.
- Chaz McGuire (also of Rock 108) has ‘Finger Drums‘. Anyone that knows Chaz knows he will sit and drum with his fingers on any stable surface that is available. So this is quite fitting for him.
- Rudy Fernandez (KEAN 105) downloaded the ‘Hobby Lobby‘ app after I one day told him you could get coupons and specials with it. He has now saved some money shopping for things he needed anyway.
- Dave Wheaton (KEAN 105/MIX 925) has the ‘Bubble Explode‘ game app. Yes, in those moments when one just needs a break, Dave can be found exploding bubbles on his phone. He explained how many bubbles or pearls or whatever that he has; apparently it’s a pretty impressive number.
- Staci (Business Manager) explained her favorite app as the ‘Golf GPS‘. You can find a particular golf course and through GPS technology this app will find you on the course and help you make your shots by determining wind speed and distance for each hole.
- Michael (Account Rep.) was probably the most strange. He has an app called ‘Mind Snacks‘ and he’s learning Mandarin with it. Who learns Mandarin? Umm, that’s Chinese! Although, he points out that you can find multiple languages on the app.
- Kimee (Digital Sales Manager) also has a language app on her phone. She uses ‘Google Translate‘. It has ‘a million languages on there’ says Kimee. I don’t know about that but it sounds pretty useful. I also learned that ‘Rosetta Stone’ has an app for phones as well.
I personally don’t have many apps on my phone but one that I do have and love is ‘Quick Scan‘ which you can use in any store to scan the bar codes on products. It will give you the lowest price found and then list places you can find that product. So if you scan a product in Target but it finds it cheaper elsewhere it will let you know. Pretty cool if you ask me.
So what are some of your favorite or crazy apps?