Check Out What’s Coming to Abilene’s Paramount Theater in 2022
As an avid Star Wars nerd, I am stoked to see that, arguably, the greatest Star Wars film ever will be part of next year's film series. That's right, The Empire Strikes Back will be part of the annual series.
You don't have to be a fan of sci-fi to get excited about the legendary movies that will be shown next year.
What movies are scheduled as part of the Paramount's Film Series?
- Chicago - January 7th & 8th
- The Empire Strikes Back - February 11th & 12th
- Cars - March 18th & 19th
- The Ten Commandments - April 8th & 9th
- Selena - May 13th & 14th
- The Color Purple - June 3rd & 4th
- True Grit - July 8th & 9th
- The Great Escape - August 12th & 13th
- Mean Girls - September 9th & 10th
- Shawshank Redemption - October 7th & 8th
- Psycho - October 31st (Halloween)
- The Sound of Music - November 11th & 12th
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - December 3rd
- It's a Wonderful Life - December 9th & 10th
- Love Actually - December 31st (New Year's Eve)
For the most part, you can select any one of those movies and you'll see them on the list of the greatest movies of all time. Granted, the Paramount always shows iconic films, but this year's series is the best, in my opinion.
How much are tickets to the film series at The Paramount?
Thanks to generous sponsors of the film series, The Paramount is keeping their ticket prices the same for the 7th straight year. Regular film ticket prices are $7 for adults and $6 for children, students, seniors, and the military.
A little about the Paramount Theater:
Designed and built in 1930 by architect David Castle, the landmark Paramount Theatre in Abilene, Texas has a rich and significant history. A beautiful example of the nostalgic “atmospheric” movie theatre, it was built in an era when movie-going was meant to be a grand experience that transported you to another time and place. The theatre’s main auditorium space was designed to re-create a Spanish / Moorish courtyard at night, complete with projected clouds passing over a neon-lit night sky fitted with twinkling stars.
The Paramount, restored in 1987 and renovated to accommodate live theatre, is now the home to a myriad of events, including film, ballet, opera, and concerts. For over 89 years it has stood the test of time as an entertainment showcase of West Texas. [The Historic Paramount Theater]