Please Donate Your New, Gently Used Coats to ‘Coats for Kids’
It's time for the 5th Annual 'Coats for Kids' drive. With your help, we can decrease the number of students that won't have a coat to wear during the coming winter months.
From Abilene to Eula to Anson and every school in between, there are homeless students in need; many of them unaccompanied.
These kids already have enough going against them, the least we can do is help keep them warm this winter.
This year's coat drive will not only help homeless students in Abilene, but other surrounding school districts as well. So please make sure to check the info below about the drop off point for the schools where you live.
Please help by donating a gently used or a new coat. We need all sizes, from age 3 to 18.
This year's drive will be October 29th-November 16th.
We have drop-off locations all throughout the area, so please donate when/where you can.
We're needing approximately 2,000 coats for the combined schools participating in the Coats for Kids drive. Please donate generously. These kids depend on it.
- Abilene ISD
- Townsquare Media at 3911 South 1st in Abilene
- Or at 241 Pine Street (AISD offices)
- Over 700 students in need
- Clyde ISD
- 526 Shalimar Drive in Clyde
- Contact: Paula Kinslow
- Approximately 35 students in need
- Eula ISD
- Eula Junior High/High School Building
- Contact: Kortni Collins
- Anson ISD
- Anson Elementary Campus at 922 Ave. M in Anson
- Contact: Priscilla Cook
- Merkel ISD
- Middle School Counselor's Office at 403 Ash Street in Merkel
- Contact: Kimberly Sullivan
- Approximately 75 students in need
- Sweetwater ISD
- Sweetwater ISD Administration at 207 Musgrove Street
- Sweetwater High School at 1205 Ragland Street
- Sweetwater Middle School at 305 Lamar Street
- JP Cowen at 700 W 4th St
- Sweetwater Intermediate School at 705 E. 3rd Street
- East Ridge Elementary at 1700 E. 12th Street
- Southeast Elementary at 1201 Mustang Drive
- Hawley ISD
- Hawley Administration Building located at 210 Ave. E
- Contact person: Melody Collier
- Approximately 93 students in need
- 41 elementary
- 30 middle school
- 22 high school
- For more info, please call 325-676-7711 and ask for Frank Pain
If your school district isn't listed, please contact Frank Pain to be added so we can help your kids as well.