Fun Halloween Events in Abilene and Some Safety Tips Too
Every year around Halloween I got the same old question from all my kids and grandchildren? "What are we doing fun for Halloween?" You'd think I'd have these all memorized by now, but I don't. However, below is a list of some events in and around Abilene.
Church Trunk-or-Treating -or- Fall Festivals
5:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30th First Christian Church, 5125 Antilley Road.
4-6 p.m. Sunday at Wylie United Methodist Church, 3430 Antilley Road.
4-6 p.m. Sunday at South Pointe Church, 3050 Buffalo Gap Road.
4-6 p.m. Sunday at St. Paul United Methodist Church, 525 Beech St.
5-7 p.m. Sunday at Lytle South Baptist Church, 1125 E. Industrial Blvd.
5-7:30 p.m. Sunday at Elmwood West United Methodist Church, 1302 S. Pioneer Drive
- "Trapped" is open from 7:30 PM till 10 PM at 140 Mulberry St. Tickets are $15.
- The annual Labyrinth of Horror will be open 7:30 PM till Midnight Friday and Saturday at Play Faire Park, Admission is $10, and includes miniature golf.
- BAIRD — The haunted house open from 8 PM till midnight Oct. 30th & 31st at 13 Vultures Estate, 3516 I-20 W. Admission is $10.
- BAIRD — "House of Horrors" is open 6 PM till midnight Saturday and Sunday at 120 W. Third St. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for children ages 6-12, and $5 for "scaredy-cat-hour" from 6 PM till 7 PM"
Abilene Police Department's Trunk or Treat
Back by popular demand, the Abilene PD will be hosting their annual event on Thursday, October 28th from 6 PM till 9 PM at their new location on South First Street, behind Taco Bell and Arby's.
Teens After Dark Halloween Bash
This event is for teens only ages 13 to 17 no parents or younger siblings allowed. This haunted bash includes food, a costume contest, games, movies, crafts, and more. The event is Friday, October 29th from 6 PM till 10 PM. Contact the Abilene Public Library at 1326 N. Mockingbird for more info.
Boo at the Zoo
The zoo is featuring a Festival de Animals, Reptile World, Pirates of Caribbean Cove, the pumpkin patch, a hay maze, and lots more. Admission is $10 per person, $5 for members, children age 2 and under are free. Saturday, October 30th from 10 AM till 4 PM. Tickets are available online.
Halloween in the Park
This will be held at the Abilene State Park in Buffalo Gap, on Saturday, October 30th from 6 PM till 9 PM. Come trick-or-treat through the campsites, learn about creatures of the night, and have a few screams on the haunted trail walk. Tickets are park entrance.
Swenson Boo Bash 2021
This Halloween party is for adults ages 21 and up ONLY! It's at the Swenson House 1726 Swenson St. Saturday, October 30th from 7 Pm till 11 PM. There will be a costume contest and adult beverages served. They're also providing a shuttle service. For tickets see their Facebook page.
Taylor County Health District (TCHD) Top 5 Safety Tips
First off, the Director of the TCHD Annette Lerna says "these are simply recommendations only, and none of these are required. As a matter of fact, the TCHD is following the Governors directions."
That said, here are the top 5 simple guidelines you may want to follow:
- Not feeling that good, stay home
- Choose outdoor events over indoor events
- Stay in small groups of 4 or less when trick-or-treating house to house
- While facemasks are not required decorate masks and have kids wear them
- Clean and sanitize yourself and all children as soon as you get home
The Best advice is, be safe and have fun and remember before consuming any treats, inspect all candies collected. If I missed an event, please leave a comment below. Happy Halloween y'all!