Abilene ISD School Supplies Drive is a Great Way to Help Local Students
The school year may have just ended, but the leaders at Abilene Independent School District are already planning for the upcoming year and that includes a school supplies drive.
Helping our local students is more important than ever as the economy has strangled many wallets to the point of not being able to afford simple things, like school supplies for our kids.
There are donation boxes all over the city in which you can drop off your donation(s).
- Sockdolager Brewing at 833 South 1st
- The Kings Barbers at 173 Walnut
- Methodist Children's Home at 1 Village Drive #102
- BCFS at 303 South Pioneer
- Big Brothers Big Sisters at 547 Chestnut
- New Horizons at 147 Sayles
- CASA at 400 Oak Street, Suite 216
- Abilene Teachers FCU at 3849 Antilley
- Taylor County Extension Office at 1982 Lytle Way
- Partners Resource Network at 209 South Danville, Building C, #114
- The Well at 137 Mesquite
- Crunch Fitness at 4709 South 14th Street
How long will the school supplies drive last?
Donations are accepted (at the above locations) between June 13th and July 20th. Proceeds will directly benefit AISD students K-12.
What items are needed?
- Pencil Pouch
- Colored Pencils
- Composition Books
- Folders with Brads
- 1 Inch 3 Ring Binders
- 24-pack Crayons
- Glue Sticks
- Notebook Paper
- Spiral Notebooks
What do I do if my child needs school supplies?
AISD will be holding a Back to School Resource Day & Family Fun Day on Saturday, August 6th where backpacks with school supplies will be given to every child present, while supplies last.
Next time you're at the store, please add a couple of extra school supplies to your cart to help out those less fortunate.
If you and your child are in need, don't hesitate to reach out to the AISD Homeless Liaison.